Festivities began Wednesday night at Junction City’s annual Sundown Salute, and a large crowd was ready.
Visitors were able to purchase food from various vendors, partook in some shopping and listened to live concerts throughout the night. Kids had plenty of rides to choose from at the carnival, along with funnel cakes and other desserts to indulge in.
Live bands Wednesday night included Old No. 5, Almost KISS and KC/DC. Many in the crowd sang along and enjoyed the live entertainment as the bands amped up the crowds with lively performances.
The bands helped the first night of Sundown Salute get off to a magnificent start with good food, good music and good weather. Friday night’s music lineup will include:
• The Fort Riley Rock Band, which will play Friday from 5:45-6:45 p.m.
• Antry, which will play from 7:15-8:25 p.m.
• Hairball, which will play from 9-11 p.m.
Saturday’s music lineup will include:
• Just Us Band, which will play from 6:45-7:45 p.m.
• Platinum Express, which will play from 8-9:10 p.m.
• Earth to Mars — the Bruno Mars Tribute Band, which will play from 9:30-10:45 p.m.
Sunday’s Christian Night music lineup will include:
• Kaylee Keller, who will play from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Josh Wilson, who will play from 8-9:15 p.m.