Junction City residents can prepare for a five-day stretch filled with lively activities this week.
The annual Sundown Salute will begin Wednesday, and activities will run through Sunday. The celebration’s theme this year is Tribute to America, and it will feature a carnival, many vendors, several musical acts, food, soft drinks and beer.
A parade will be held Thursday at 10 a.m., and a fireworks display will also be featured Thursday at 10 p.m. Thursday’s Freedom Run activities will begin with a 5K and a 10K at 7 a.m. A one-mile kids run will be held at 8:30 a.m. A veterans ceremony will be held Thursday at noon at Heritage Park.
The concert schedule will include:
• Old No. 5 will play Wednesday from 6-7 p.m.
• Almost KISS will play Wednesday from 7:25-8:35 p.m.
• KC/DC will play Wednesday from 9:05-10:30 p.m.
• Change of Heart will play Thursday from 5:45-6:45 p.m.
• The Zeppelin Project will play Thursday from 7-8:10 p.m.
• Guns for Roses will play Thursday from 8:30-10 p.m.
• The Fort Riley Rock Band will play Friday from 5:45-6:45 p.m.
• Antry will play Friday from 7:15-8:25 p.m.
• Hairball will play Friday from 9-11 p.m.
• Just Us Band will play Saturday from 6:45-7:45 p.m.
• Platinum Express will play Saturday from 8-9:10 p.m.
• Earth to Mars — the Bruno Mars Tribute Band will play Saturday from 9:30-10:45 p.m.
• Kaylee Keller will play Sunday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. during the celebration’s Christian Night
• Josh Wilson will play Sunday from 8-9:15 p.m.