Sarah Olmstead passed away after an eight-year battle with cancer. She is survived by her four children, Alexandra, Benjamin, Zachary and Abigail. She is the daughter of Chuck and Pat Olmstead; granddaughter of Maxine Stewart; niece of Rebecca Olmstead and Deb Nutch. She touched more lives than it is possible to count. Her life began on July 10, 1980, at Geary County Hospital in Junction City, Kansas, and ended after a peaceful night on October 3, 2020, at Harry Hynes Hospice in Wichita, Kansas. Sarah graduated from Junction City Senior High School and Wichita State University. Later in life she worked as a real estate agent, substitute teacher, and City Arts instructor in Wichita. In her free time, she was an author, artist, activist and a hell of a good mother. Per her request, her remains will be scattered at a future date.
- Student speaks out about hijab incident at JCHS
- Geary County to respond to Governor’s mask order
- German, Italian prisoners of war remembered
- Volunteers from several groups combine forces to provide Thanksgiving dinners
- Community space, library, sports complex all part of proposal for use of JCHS land
- Geary County male in custody following domestic altercation where shots were fired and female was shot in the 9700 block of Quarry Rd.
- Season over for Blue Jays, fall to Derby in Class 6A semifinals
- Hometown Christmas canceled, but decorating contest goes on
- Giordano reflects on 28 years with the JCPD as she prepares to retire
- New, familiar look to Blue Jays basketball team
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.