The Junction City girls swimming team finished in first place at the Hays invitational meet Monday. Many swimmers had great performances en route to the first-place finish.
JC results included:
• Reece Boland won the 100-yard breastroke race with a time of 1:21.18, and Haley Sowder was right behind her in second place with a time of 1:24.39.
• Chris Kim won the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 3:14.20.
• Jayda Harris won the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 7:22.34.
• The 200-yard freestyle relay event was won by Junction City. The team consisted of Amaiya Rohan, Reece Boland, Giovonna Rodriguez and Karmen Freeman, and finished with a time of 2:02.86.
• Junction City won the 400-yard freestyle relay as well. The team consisted of Amaiya Rohan, Jayda Harris, Giovonna Rodriguez and Karmen Freeman, and ended with a time of 4:37.89.
• Eva Gaer claimed second place in the 100-yard backstroke, clocking in at 1:24.39.
• In the 100-yard freestyle, Junction City claimed three top-five finishes. Karmen Freeman was second with a time of 1:07.81, Giovonna Rodriguez was third at 1:09.69 and Amaiya Rohan was fourth with a time of 1:13.51.
• In the 200-yard medley relay, a team comprised of Eva Gaer, Reece Boland, Chris Kim and Haley Sowder finished in third place at 2:33.64.
• In the 200-yard freestyle, Jayda Harris finished third with a time of 2:42.15. In fifth place was Sarah Hallum at 2:58.25.
• In the 50-yard freestyle, Karmen Freeman placed third clocking in at 30.13.
• In the 100-yard butterfly, Chris Kim came in third at 1:30.30, while Abigail Rosauer finished fourth with a time of 1:45.64.