The Young People’s Department at the Dorothy Bramlage Public Library is starting our first fall DBPL at DBPL fundraiser today – Genre Penny Wars. Our Genre Penny Wars fundraiser is easy and fun for patrons to participate in. Patrons simply put pennies into the jar(s) of their favorite book genre(s) for their favorite(s) to win. Pennies earn each jar points. Patrons can also put nickels, dimes, and quarters in the other book genre jars for the genres they do not like. Silver coins deduct points. So for example, if a person puts a nickel in one jar, that jar loses five points. If a patron puts a dime in a jar, that jar loses 10 points. If a patron puts a quarter in a jar, that jar loses 25 points. The jar with the most points wins. The book genre jars we have are adventure, fantasy, historical fiction, mystery, romance and science fiction. Genre Penny Wars starts today, August 2, and ends on October 31. So, when you are at the library, drop by the Young People’s Department and drop a penny in your favorite book genre jar. All proceeds (pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters) benefit our book donation program – DBPL at DBPL: Donating Books to Promote Literacy. This program allows the library to donate new, free books to as many organizations in the community as possible. The library has donated books to schools, preschools, daycares, senior centers, health centers, and other organizations in the community. For more information on this fundraiser, please contact the library by phone (785-238-4311) or email (email@example.com).
- City to sell Spin City building
- The service of Father Emil J. Kapaun is honored posthumously ahead of long awaited coming home
- Spays for Strays focused on tackling cat problem in Junction City
- Music has opened doors for former business owner Bob Cervera
- Jennie Mae Heck
- Herington police cheif resigns after being served by KBI
- Geary County reports eight new delta variant cases of Covid-19 in last week
- Myron 'Mack' Kay McKenery
- EOC work meeting set-up after PBC voices displeasure with county
- Roger K. Kugler
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.