Geraldine (Gerry) H. Mills of Chapman, age 87, passed away May 8, 2021 at Via Christie Hospital, Manhattan. She was the daughter of Albert and Elizabeth (Strauss) Taylor, born on December 4, 1933. She grew up on the family farm in Geary County, and graduated from Junction City High School. On August 9, 1959, she married Marvin Mills at United Methodist Church in Junction City. Their marriage was a true partnership. They worked together in the fields and raised cattle for over 30 years before retiring in 1996. They were always there for each other in everything they did. Gerry was a very active member of the Chapman United Methodist Church. She and Marvin enjoyed celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary with family and friends in 2019. Marvin preceded her in death on January 24, 2020. She was also preceded in death by her parents and her siblings Lucille Heintz, Archie Taylor, Josephine Gfeller, Anna Louise Taylor and Robert Taylor. Gerry is survived by nieces, nephews, extended family members, as well as a host of friends. Visitation will be Tuesday, May 11 from 6pm to 7:30 pm. Funeral services will be Wednesday, May 12, at 10:00 A.M. Both will be at Chapman United Methodist Church, 426 Sheeran, Chapman. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery, Enterprise, following the service. In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Chapman United Methodist Church, in care of Londeen-Overlease Funeral Home, PO Box 411, Chapman, Kansas 67431. Online condolences may be sent to www.londeenfuneralchapel.com
- Scoop’s lounge reopens on Washington Street
- As delta variant spreads, Konza doctor recommends vaccination
- Milford dissolves Parks and Recreation department
- 27th Annual Junction City Rodeo draws crowds
- Robert 'Bob' K. Weary, Jr.
- Conchita 'Connie' de Jesus
- Local business owner plans large event center for downtown Junction City
- City proposes county transfer CVB to city control
- Damien (Butch) Jason Bramlage
- Property tax rates vary widely among area counties
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.