Peggy J. Melton, 67, of Overland Park, Kansas, passed away Oct. 14, 2021. Peggy was born Sept. 30, 1954, in Milford, Kansas, the daughter of Vernon and Jean (Holmes) Boltz and had lived in the Kansas City area since 1983. She was a 1972 graduate of Wakefield High School and worked in the banking industry for 41 years. She started her career at First National Bank in Junction City, Kansas in 1974 and retired from Country Club Bank, Kansas City in 2015 as a Relationship Banker. She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Terry Boltz and Michael Boltz. Peggy is survived by her husband of 45 years, Karl M. Melton, of Overland Park, brother Roger Boltz and sister Pamela Ross and her husband Richard, all of Alma, Kansas. She also has 12 nieces and nephews and 19 great nieces and nephews, whom she loved as her own children. Peggy loved family gatherings, gardening, cooking, baking and music. During her retirement she volunteered for KVC Health Systems. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials to the KVC Health System. A celebration of life will take place on Nov. 6 at the Acorns Resort and Conference Center in Milford, Kansas from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Staff note discipline problems at Junction City High School
- FOUND 31 opens in Junction City
- Former employee files lawsuit against Junction City High School for wrongful termination
- 10 Days of Christmas starts this week
- Rosebud’s Bar holds open potluck for Thanksgiving
- Coach holds high hopes for JCHS men’s basketball this season
- Assessment reveals Geary Community Hospital’s infrastructure needs
- Geary County Extension Council elects new executive board
- Letter to the Editor
- Kansas soybean harvest almost finished
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.